14 October 2010

Whoops, just kidding.

Okay, so my group for Lesotho November 2010 has been cancelled! Huge bummer but life goes on. The security in the country is being re-assessed so I will be reassigned to a safer place! Unfortunately, I will not be leaving in November... or December.... or maybe even January.

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-09-05/world/lesotho.peace.corps.death_1_peace-corps-lesotho-volunteer?_s=PM:WORLD

Last night I spoke with a placement officer who was working way past her normal office hours to get all 27 of us reassigned. Yung Mei was very empathetic and she is considering four countries for my reassignment that leave in the next couple of months: South Africa, Morocco, Guatemala and a country in the Eastern Caribbean. The good news is, I won't be teaching science anymore... I'll be working in the health field.... yesssss. And because I've already demonstrated my committment to the Peace Corps by accepting an invitation and...  oh yes, preparing to leave in two weeks.... I will have my pick of those countries once the specifics are determined. I should be reassigned by next week and beginning to learn a new language again! Hopefully not a click language.

So, what do you think friends? Which place looks the best?!



Guatemala


Eastern Caribbean- this picture is of Grenada, where the Peace Corps is active.


Morocco!!!

And... South Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog