04 August 2010

Dancing with myself


I'M MEDICALLY CLEARED!!

One year to the day after I was nominated, I finally have clearance! I have to be honest, I almost thought this would never happen. Due to a paperwork snafu, I found out last week that my file was sitting in 'inactive' status for months. Peace Corps mailed me a letter requesting more medical information.... in January. I never got it. So I sat for months and months wondering what was taking so long. Bah! I can't even think about that waiting- it's painful to remember. Anyway- two days of faxing papers (yes- people still use fax machines and now I know how, too!) and all the sudden... Medical Clearance!!!

--- now imagine angels singing and light shining down from the Heavens: that's how I felt this morning ---

And who's sharing in my medically cleared glory this fine morning? Just me- and the computer. I found out about 7am, sitting in my cubicle all alone. I get into the office long before my other cubi-companions and so the empty space got to suck up my joy and my office chair was the only one dancing with me. And I did dance.

Thank God for text messages! Texty-friends all over the world- UNITE - and celebrate with me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog