18 August 2010

You're Invited to Lesotho!




"Congratulations! It is with great pleasure that we invite you to begin training in Lesotho for Peace Corps service."




I'm finally invited!!




After 17 months of patience, patience, patience I have my orientation date, my country and piles of paperwork that I knew were coming but still had to cringe at. A big blue package via UPS arrived while I was on the phone with my grandma and sitting at my mom's house so it was family affair.




I leave November 2nd with 26 other volunteers that will be in-country with me for the two years.




My official position is a secondary science/math teacher and I will also be running an HIV program since 23% of Lesotho is infected. I'm pretty sure it's standard to run an awareness program in most African countries due to the infection rate. In some places it's higher than 1/3 percent infected so Lesotho doesn't have the shortest end of the stick.




My last day of service is January 13, 2013. Just in case any of you are planning ahead and thinking about a Welcome Home party. Preparedness never goes out of style.




Anyway! Now I've got to write aspiration statements and send resumes to the local staff in Lesotho and apply for my Peace Corps passport (it's special, so special) and submit press releases- so keep your eyes open Adrian Daily Telegram, Hudson Post Gazette and Owosso Something-or-Other. I'm about to be temporarily famous.




More updates as I get more information. Yay invites!!!!!!!




4 comments:

  1. Carly,

    I love reading your blog! and congratulations! You are going to do wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carly, Congratulations!!! That's great news. Looking forward to reading all about your experiences and insights during this exciting adventure of yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! Your journeys will give me something to read while I eat lunch at my desk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carly,

    You are so amazing! It's so refreshing to see someone you actually grew up with doing something so awesome and inspiring!

    I look forward to reading your blog over the next few years.

    I hope that I'll get to see you another time before you take off on your 'andventure of a lifetime' =D

    Congrats and a million kudos to you!!!

    Sarah R.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog