10 August 2010

Oh the places you'll go

So- yesterday I had a phone interview with a Peace Corps lady named Heather. I'm pretty sure they were checking to make sure I was mentally sound before they send me out on their liability for two years. The phone conversation is the last step before send-off.....

At the end of the conversation- which ranged from dealing with gender inequalities to my mom's personal take on this- Heather told me I was cleared for placement. What does that mean? It means I'm done with all this craziness and I'm ready for that magical golden ticket AKA an invitation! Heather said something like this, "I would send out your invitation tonight but since you have a medical accommodation there's an additional step before we can do that."
Now you may be wondering- Carly, are you sure the Peace Corps isn't just messing with you and maybe you're secretly on a reality TV show that tests your patience and willingness to submit to government bureaucracy? And I would say.... No. Not sure. Very possible I'm being punked. Heather now has to contact the two countries she has in mind for me and basically say, "Hey! We got this girl. But she's got asthma. You still want her?" And whoever says yes first gets me! I am out for bidding. We'll see who wins. Heather says I might find out in a day or it might take three weeks. Thanks, Heather! I'm smiling! Even though I feel like I'm living Groundhogs Day over and over again!

No seriously- I'm cleared for take off on all levels- medical, legal and placement- and that is a good feeling. Anyday now- I'm watching the mail like a hawk. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog