30 January 2011

TOMORROW! TOMORROW! I LOVE YOU, TOMORROW!

You're only a daaa-aaaay aaaaa-way!!!


So, tomorrow I hop on a plane for Miami and Tuesday night I leave for Paraguay! I'll be on a red-eye flight so please think of me while you're comfortably lying in your bed, horizontally, with pillows, free access to a bathroom- and send me your positive sleeping vibes. I made a pillow (yeah, like I stitched it by hand and stuffed it- !) and I found some meditation methods to induce a deep sleep. So hopefully I wake up when the plane lands. I may just accidentally hypnotize myself into a coma and stay right on sleeping. Sleeping, sleeping, sleeping.......

But probably not!

So I've received my schedule for the first few days in-country and will be staying at a training center the first night and after that I'll be living with my host family, after a short interview. I suppose they will ask me things like, "Do you hate babies? Old people? Naked people?" Of course, I love all of those things so I'm not worried. I'll be living in Guarambare, about an hour outside of Asuncion so my communication may be less than we expected.

The forecast for the day of my arrival? Scattered thunderstorms, 92 F.
And the next day? Scattered thunderstorms, 92 F.
And the next day? Scattered thunderstorms, 92 F.
Anyway- you get the idea. It's the rainy season. So between the humidity and the heat, I don't think I'll be wearing my hair down until at least May. I've thought about this a lot. A lot.

MAIL
Here's the thing, I'm not doing very well at gathering addresses so the idea is you write with a return address and I'll write you back. This is easier for me than laminating a sheet of addresses and then actually keeping track of them. I'm very irresponsible, I know.

So, today I eat everything in sight. Today I indulge in gluttony, covetousness and greed. Today, friends, I grab America by the balls. And squeeze. Hard.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Good luck Carly and have a great time! I leave as well tomorrow for staging and then on to Zambia on Wednesday morning! It is rainy season there too lol :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I will send you something but don't count on me having a return address for like a month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now if you become a politician, there's a blog about you saying you love old and naked people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not just old and naked people, but squeezing America by the balls :)

    (You really loved "Annie", didn't you? ;) )

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog